This version of brianmuenzenmeyer.com is an ongoing, open redesign — showcasing design challenges and decisions along the way. I hope it's instructive and participatory. Read more about the open redesign here. Find me elsewhere online too, as noted below.
- Creating a Content Inventory » 10 Jan 2015
- Using Pattern Lab to Design, Build and Maintain a Website » 09 Jan 2015
- Code Highlighting Demo » 26 Dec 2014
- A Performant Foundation » 24 Dec 2014
- Site Redesign in the Open » 21 Dec 2014
- Pattern Lab Node 1.6 Released » 11 Dec 2014
- NEWDUG Presentation Slides: Performance Enhancement - Testing Positive » 13 Nov 2014
- Pattern Lab Node 1.2 Released » 20 Jul 2014
- Pattern Lab Node 1.1 Released » 08 May 2014
- On Pattern Lab - Node » 21 Apr 2014
- The Device Test Imperative » 13 Dec 2013
- Design is Parenting » 07 Dec 2013
I spend my working days in ux/ui design and my waking nights in even more front end design and development. I live in Northeast Wisconsin with my wife, young son, 2 cats and 3 coffee makers.
The best way to reach me is on Twitter @bmuenzenmeyer. I moonlight at Crunchy Owl, a dawning of individual design. I help people solve problems and send on-target messages. When not on the web, I am digging up the yard, wearing an afghan, trying on something grey, or day-dreaming about the ultimate home office.
Crunchy Owl is a small web design and development shop. I craft effective, on-target digital experiences.
I deliver quality code with an eye towards standards compliance and industry best practices. Responsive design principles extend from time-honored standards compliance and progressive enhancement. Sign me up for some of that! In a world of cut and paste snippets, WYSIWYG editors, and tight timelines, some of us still write code by hand, testing diligently and with little regard for sunrise.
UX & UI Design
Communicate effective messages to your audience. Crafting a functional product often starts with a deep dive into your needs and the needs of your users. From this input, Crunchy Owl can dial in and iterate quickly on a solution. Let's not forget to make it strikingly beautiful too.
Speed matters, but performance is more than that. Performance is content meets execution, and I can help you push your codebase further, directly equating to more engagement. Understanding delivery options is key to an inclusive experience. Push the limits of deployment and send what matters most.
With a proper content strategy, your message has a broader voice in the community, has more impact, and builds your brand. Creating reusable content to leverage social media is a must in today's environment. I fit right-sized solutions to the right requirements, offering full-stack solutions when necessary, or a handcrafted microsite when the need arises.